iptables on startup?

I just upgraded my server to 6.06, and went through iptablesrocks to get
my iptables working. According to the instructions given there, it says
to put the firewall ruleset in /etc/sysconfig/iptables in order for
iptables rules to be loaded when the system reboots, but I don't have
that directory in Ubuntu. Can someone here tell me where this should be
located? Or, should I create that directory and put the ruleset file in
it ?

tia

John

  • Filtering Code Red with Iptables & RH 7.3
    ... Hat 7.3, two network cards, and an Iptables firewall ruleset by David ... Red Hat 7.3 and Apache. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Filtering Code Red with Iptables & RH 7.3
    ... Hat 7.3, two network cards, and an Iptables firewall ruleset by David ... Red Hat 7.3 and Apache. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: firewall
    ... John Dangler wrote: ... to put the firewall ruleset in /etc/sysconfig/iptables in order for ... iptables rules to be loaded when the system reboots, ... should I create that directory and put the ruleset file in ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: iptables put millions lines to dmesg
    ... These are put in dmesg by the LOG target in IPTables. ... Remove any logging ... rules in your firewall ruleset to eliminate them. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • firewall
    ... iptables working. ... According to the instructions given there, ... to put the firewall ruleset in /etc/sysconfig/iptables in order for ... iptables rules to be loaded when the system reboots, ...
    (Ubuntu)