Re: Windows refugee questions...
- From: "Jeffrey F. Bloss" <jbloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:49:58 -0500
David B Teague wrote:
So I install Ubuntu and specify DHCP instead of providing an IP
number and the modem will provide the IP number?
In fact, I believe Ubuntu and most modern Linux distributions default
to getting network setup by way of DHCP. If there's a DHCP sever
upstream of you you'll do nothing. It's only when you need or want to
set up static IP numbers or special domain servers like OpenDNS that
you'll be going "interactive". :)
_?_ Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
(o o) Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
-oOO-(_)--OOo-------------------------------[ Groucho Marx ]--
grok! Registered Linux user #402208
Description: PGP signature
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Intro and a few questions
- Next by Date: Re: Nvidia: need advise: FX 5500 or GF 6200 ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Windows refugee questions...
- Next by thread: Intro and a few questions