If I issue the command:
<nail -s "subject" -r valid.address@xxxxxxxxxxx testalias>
and then send the mail it bounces on recipient testalias@xxxxxxxxxxx

The following works:
<nail -s "subject" valid.address@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I've run "sudo newaliases"

sudo postconf -d | grep aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, nis:mail.aliases
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases

  • Re: Is predictable spam filtering a vulnerability?
    ... Reasonably intelligent folk can manage with an archive-and-report mechanism ... if the RECIPIENT has opted to silently ... totally bogus addresses won't get bounces (not that the mail system won't ... As an administrator of several mailing lists, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Protocol Event sink
    ... > Peter, thank you very much for the reply. ... > It's too bad you can't get the server to ignore a command. ... > waiting for a response, but a response could easily be an error code. ... recipient specification command (i.e. the recipient will not be added to the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.development)
  • Please help - Exchange Sink ignore command
    ... multiple newsgroups and forum but nobody seems to know? ... I changed the tutorial so I listen for the RCPT command. ... can read the recipient from the command. ... not, of course, want the server to completely drop the session and my other ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Protocol Event sink
    ... > Peter, thank you very much for the reply. ... > It's too bad you can't get the server to ignore a command. ... > waiting for a response, but a response could easily be an error code. ... recipient specification command (i.e. the recipient will not be added to the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)
  • Re: redirecting e-mail from=<>
    ... postmaster (instead of delivering to the intended recipient). ... They should get the bounces. ... However, because the spammers don't receive the bounce, my users get ... Sending them to postmaster will take the load off the user. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)