Re: error messages installing .deb file
- From: Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:01:18 -0500
On Wednesday 10 January 2007 05:53, MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
Someone told me how to install .deb packages off-line using the sudo
dpkg but you are right about some people assuming everyone is connected
to the Internet which is why everyone just seems to get pointed in the
direction of the Ubuntu Repos.
Now I have run all the packages where does Ubuntu put the executeable
file for Network Manager?
I looked under the Administration but could only find Network tools and
network settings I think so it was either there all the time or it is
well hidden or I didn't need to install the packages as it was there by
I am running Ubuntu Edgy.
network-manager is a command line program.
The gui is yet another package. I run Kubuntu where the gui is called
knetworkmanager. I believe that for Ubuntu you want network-manager-gnome.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: LighScribe Support?
- Next by Date: Re: error messages installing .deb file
- Previous by thread: Re: error messages installing .deb file
- Next by thread: Re: error messages installing .deb file