Re: Boot from external USB drive?

Hello, Mario!
You wrote on Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:33:03 +0100:

MV> On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 15:14 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
??>> Are there instructions out there

MV> http://www.google.com/search?q=boot+usb+ubuntu

It will work if you can set your BIOS to boot from a USB disc. I
don't think I can, more's the pity :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

  • Trying to get into the BIOS
    ... only to find that it's set up to boot from hard drive only. ... boot order since the BIOS is set to have a password. ... manual's instructions on clearing the cmos and I find no other jumpers ... but not much in the way of instructions. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: OT: some computer expertise needed
    ... message that says something about not recognizing the Intel uCode ... The microcode is basically a set of instructions that the processor uses to execute certain instructions. ... The BIOS should not need to recognise the CPU microcode because only the CPU itself uses it. ... It just means that you have to press F1 each time you boot the machine. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: I need to do a system recovery, need help!!!
    ... BIOS,, read the screens carefully and navigate to the 'boot' ... The instructions can be rather cryptic, ... What model Dell do you have? ...
  • Re: Creating a Boot CD
    ... A boot CD will not work for a BIOS update if the process involves writing to any of the update files on the boot disk you create. ... If not, leave the BIOS alone, there is no need for regular updates and it's possible to render your system unusable if the update fails. ... Their instructions are based on creating a bootable floppy disc - something ... Can anyone give me instructions on how to create a similar bootable CD? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CD-ROM & Floppy Drives Dont Work
    ... The BIOS is the Basic Input/Output System, ... instructions that tell the computer how to turn itself ON ... and how to boot. ... and disabled the drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)