Thanks! -> Re: No Broacast, no connection! (network manager issue)

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 17:11, Roby wrote:
Ricardo C O Freitas wrote:
Hi there!

I have an atheros pci card on a 6.06 Ubuntu desktop here.

When I cancel the ESSID broacasting (for safety reasons), I can't get the
card connected!

Is this expected?

What can I do to solve this issue?

TIA

Ricardo

Turn SSID broadcast back on. The safety of no broadcasting SSID is
a myth. Try Kismet, for example. Also, not advertising your presence
on a channel assures that eventually somebody setting up a new router
will settle in on "your" channel 'cuz a scan showed as not in use.

Thanks for the information!!

SSID is on again! And the mentioned desktop is on line again!

Ricardo

--
In Lak'ech - Mitakuye Oyasin - Ubuntu - Ho'oponopoono