Thanks! -> Re: No Broacast, no connection! (network manager issue)

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 17:11, Roby wrote:
Ricardo C O Freitas wrote:
Hi there!

I have an atheros pci card on a 6.06 Ubuntu desktop here.

When I cancel the ESSID broacasting (for safety reasons), I can't get the
card connected!

Is this expected?

What can I do to solve this issue?

TIA

Ricardo

Turn SSID broadcast back on. The safety of no broadcasting SSID is
a myth. Try Kismet, for example. Also, not advertising your presence
on a channel assures that eventually somebody setting up a new router
will settle in on "your" channel 'cuz a scan showed as not in use.

Thanks for the information!!

SSID is on again! And the mentioned desktop is on line again!

Ricardo

--
In Lak'ech - Mitakuye Oyasin - Ubuntu - Ho'oponopoono

  • Re: how to move my website from ubuntu 10.10 to 12.04 LTS?
    ... I have a huge website running on LAMPerl  ubuntu desktop 10.10 32bit ... I have to now move it over to ubuntu server 12.04 LTS 64bit. ... If all the advertising in the world were to shut down tomorrow, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: No Broacast, no connection! (network manager issue)
    ... I have an atheros pci card on a 6.06 Ubuntu desktop here. ... When I cancel the ESSID broacasting (for safety reasons), ... There's no real reason to disable ESSID broadcasts. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: VDQ desktop
    ... I would also lose the ubuntu desktop. ... It is safe to remove this package if some of the desktop system packages are ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: customizing ubuntu desktops for a group of users
    ... I'm new to Ubuntu and would really appreciate it if any of you can point ... me to ways to automatically customize a ubuntu desktop based on login. ... when you login in you can mount /usr/myaccount and in it are ... mounted partition on a server. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Small Linux Print Server
    ... ubuntu desktop, most of the time I just load it to the ubuntu log on ... I don't often switch on the monitor, ... He means to make runlevel 3 the default runlevel, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)