Re: man pages for c++?

John L Fjellstad wanted us to know:

I was wondering if there exist man pages for c++ like they do for c
language routines?
It's in libstdc++6-4.1-doc (if you are on Edgy. For Dapper, you
probably have to change the version number to your latest. Do a
apt-cache search libstdc++ and just install the latest).

There is also html versions of the manual pages in
/usr/share/doc/libstdc++<version>-doc/libstdc++/html_user

Thanks for your reply. But I am a bit confused at seeing three different
versions of libstdc++ on my system (edgy).

- libstdc++5
- libstdc++6
- libstdc++6.4.1-dev

Well the third entry is a development library version, i.e. with source
code. But there exist a corresponding doc package for all three
versions.

Is it possible that some software on my system might depend on older
c++ library implementations while some on newer versions? Is this the
reason behind different installed versions?

I'll just install one doc version for now and see if it satisfies my
needs.

Regards,

--
Luqman