Re: man pages for c++?

John L Fjellstad wanted us to know:

I was wondering if there exist man pages for c++ like they do for c
language routines?
It's in libstdc++6-4.1-doc (if you are on Edgy. For Dapper, you
probably have to change the version number to your latest. Do a
apt-cache search libstdc++ and just install the latest).

There is also html versions of the manual pages in
/usr/share/doc/libstdc++<version>-doc/libstdc++/html_user

Thanks for your reply. But I am a bit confused at seeing three different
versions of libstdc++ on my system (edgy).

- libstdc++5
- libstdc++6
- libstdc++6.4.1-dev

Well the third entry is a development library version, i.e. with source
code. But there exist a corresponding doc package for all three
versions.

Is it possible that some software on my system might depend on older
c++ library implementations while some on newer versions? Is this the
reason behind different installed versions?

I'll just install one doc version for now and see if it satisfies my
needs.

Regards,

--
Luqman

  • Re: CL-UNIFICATION as a library (Re: Qi Seems Great)
    ... Closure HTML: parse HTML 4; ... To install the best regular expression parser, ... If the error refers to a part of the standard just click on the reference and that section opens in your browser. ... I thought I should mention it because, after all SLIME has 20 developers and over 100 contributors and thus is by far the best supported and most powerful opensource IDE. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Problem viewing HTML on CD - Is there a simple "HTML viewer" for this purpose?
    ... This simple little browser will run off a disk, no requirement to install. ... It just might read the HTML file off a CD. ... Explorer a person could take an entire web site and place it on a CD ...
  • make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_dynamic
    ... I have trouble installing Template module using. ... Running install for module Template ... * Template libaries for basic HTML, Pod -> HTML, and PostScript ... Splash! ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_dynamic
    ... I have trouble installing Template module using. ... Running install for module Template ... * Template libaries for basic HTML, Pod -> HTML, and PostScript ... Splash! ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)
  • Re: SQL Server Html Search Question
    ... You can index and search Japanese and Chinese html content in the image ... Also you must install the Japanese and Chinese language resources on your ... >> It sounds like you don't have SQL FTS installed on your local machine. ... > you need to store your documents in an image data type column. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)