Re: [RESOLVED]Re: JRE

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 17:13 +0000, Tony Arnold wrote:
John,
There is the deborphan command which you need to install (you do on
Dapper at least). It's in a package called deborphan, believe it or not.

Run the deborphan command and it will give you a list of packages which
nothing else depends on. You can use that list to remove unwanted packages.

I would check the list first, as it apparently is not completely accurate..

Also see gtkorphan.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

--
Michael R. Head <burner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/

  • Re: [RESOLVED]Re: JRE
    ... There is the deborphan command which you need to install (you do on ... You can use that list to remove unwanted packages. ... IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [RESOLVED]Re: JRE
    ... There is the deborphan command which you need to install (you do on ... You can use that list to remove unwanted packages. ... afraid I'm still a keen fan of the command line! ... IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [RESOLVED]Re: JRE
    ... There is the deborphan command which you need to install (you do on ... Dapper at least). ... You can use that list to remove unwanted packages. ... IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: popularity-contest
    ... This information helps us make decisions such as which packages ... Why your firewall is flagging such packets, ... Firewall rules ... IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: DLL vs Shared Library
    ... different packages. ... I think this was a stroke of genius as no-one had ... IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ...
    (Ubuntu)