Re: desktop effects: XGL or AIGLX? compiz or beryl?...

Are you using the non-free binary drivers from ATI? I couldn't get them to
work with AIGLX, and I read online that they don't work. I assumed this was
for all ATI cards.

The beryl website says "Please note: ATI Cards : Depending on your card you
may find that you can use the ati/radeon driver with AIGLX. If you
experience problems then you may need to use Xgl with the fglrx Driver.".

I guess it's just some cards that don't work. I have a x800

On 2/17/07, Ouattara Oumar Aziz <wattazoum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael Gustafson a écrit :
> I believe AIGLX is included by default, so it is the more standard
> choice. The ATI drivers (fglrx) don't with AIGLX, so I am forced to use
> XGL.

that's weird, I have an ATI radeon and I use AIGLX on Edgy.

  • Re: Borderlands 2 - FIX for black screen in "Second Wind"
    ... ATi users. ... I wonder if there will ever be a game that runs flawlessly on ATi cards ... They used special PhysX effects for "Fight for you life/Second wind" sequences in B2. ... And guess who writes PhysX drivers. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: desktop effects: XGL or AIGLX? compiz or beryl?...
    ... work with AIGLX, and I read online that they don't work. ... Xgl is the only option for beryl/compiz on recent ATI cards. ... If the opensource radeon drivers support your card, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • w2k3 server & ATI driver problem
    ... Transitioning to w2k3 at work. ... Do a lot of video capture with ATI cards ... After w2k3 installed, ATI drivers consistently ... Tried XP & w2k drivers without success. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: desktop effects: XGL or AIGLX? compiz or beryl?...
    ... for all ATI cards. ... may find that you can use the ati/radeon driver with AIGLX. ... The ATI drivers don't with AIGLX, so I am forced to use ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] question
    ... ATI cards have a problematic history with linux. ... Nvidia linux drivers are always kept up to date, ...
    (SuSE)