Re: desktop effects: XGL or AIGLX? compiz or beryl?...

Are you using the non-free binary drivers from ATI? I couldn't get them to
work with AIGLX, and I read online that they don't work. I assumed this was
for all ATI cards.

The beryl website says "Please note: ATI Cards : Depending on your card you
may find that you can use the ati/radeon driver with AIGLX. If you
experience problems then you may need to use Xgl with the fglrx Driver.".

I guess it's just some cards that don't work. I have a x800

On 2/17/07, Ouattara Oumar Aziz <wattazoum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael Gustafson a écrit :
> I believe AIGLX is included by default, so it is the more standard
> choice. The ATI drivers (fglrx) don't with AIGLX, so I am forced to use
> XGL.

that's weird, I have an ATI radeon and I use AIGLX on Edgy.