Re: Tomboy (was : applications menu)

Vincent Trouilliez a écrit :
Ouattara Oumar Aziz <wattazoum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You know what ? you got the point it's not as fast as the system menu.
But this is the endless war between design and performance.

Yes, I am not opposed in principle to a control panel, however in its
current state, I find it a huge regression in the usability
department... it just drives me nuts.
Luckily, it takes only 5 seconds to get rid of it and resurrect the
old Preferences & Administration menus, thanks to the handy menu
editor... :o)

--
Vince

LOL :)

  • Re: Tomboy (was : applications menu)
    ... But this is the endless war between design and performance. ... Yes, I am not opposed in principle to a control panel, however in its ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: My First C# (warning - long post)
    ... In several IBM mainframe shops (which is what I knew best in those ... move to many classes with small method applications. ... The one main OO design point that you should eventually spot from ... and all hold onto the **Single Responsibility Principle. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: XP Requirement Analysis?
    ... When an existing design needs to be encoded via TDD, ... could have generated the TDD principle. ... The interface _does_ come first. ... to buy a business value. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: My First C# (warning - long post)
    ... The one main OO design point that you should eventually spot from ... and all hold onto the **Single Responsibility Principle. ... the need for source code maintenance in the traditional sense. ... so that they can be extended, without requiring them to be modified. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: which object orient language is most suitable for embedded programming?
    ... term operation, ... Well, perhaps, but do I really need the system to allocate anything at run time if it can just as easily be done at compile time ?. ... "The Open Closed Principle" ... Many programmers still view OO design as being overcomplicated and it can be difficult to convince management of the benefits in terms of readability, maintenance, reuse etc. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)