Re: Web radio

Harold Bibik wrote:
On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 17:01 +0100, Mikael Backman wrote:

You can use a number of media players to play Internet Radio
Such as XMMS, Amarok (KDE), Rhythmbox, Totem, and Banshee to name a few.
Or are you meaning you have troubles listening to them?

-Davin
I tried to do it the usual way (like in windows) Start firefox. Go to
www.bbc.co.uk Start their radio player.. Totem pops up and say it cant
play rtfs-streams (or something like that) yet.. I have installed the
wincodecs-package..

Mikael

when I've listened to BBC radio it's always offered a choice or realplay
or windows media. If you choose windows media it will play with the
mplayer-plugin. Assuming you have the mplayer-plugin installed. It
should work with other browser plugins but I am certain with mplayer
(listening to it now, just to be sure)

-- Deck of Cards: $1.29. Card Table: $14.99. "101 Solitaire Variations" book: $6.59. Finding a cheaper replacement for the one thing Windows is ideal for: priceless.- carambola5
-------------------------------------------------- Harold Bibik hwbj@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mikael
I just saw that youre trying to listen to it in your browser, my apologies.
Install the 'mozilla-mplayer' plugin for Firefox. It can play the Windows Media streams

$ sudo apt-get install mozilla-mplayer

Restart Firefox, hope that helps.
-Davin
begin:vcard
fn:Davin Terrizzi
n:Terrizzi;Davin
adr:;;;Dordrecht;Zuid-Holland;3315 EN;The Netherlands
email;internet:davin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Dhr.
url:http://www.myspace.com/shinzetsudesu
version:2.1