Auto mount SMB Shares at Login

Running Ubuntu 6.10 and LTSP5. I've noticed that all of the folders in
the /home directory are readable by other users. Why is this? Can I
change that so only the owners can read, write, and execute files in
their own home directory? Will this affect anything system wide? How
do I go about doing this (chmod ?)

  • Re: SMB Issue
    ... I am running Ubuntu and my mother is running Windows XP downstairs ... When she shares folders, I can see them through Nautilus (Places> Network ... Servers> auto-finds the Workgroup> her PC) But when I share folders thru ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • SMB Issue
    ... I am running Ubuntu and my mother is running Windows XP downstairs ... When she shares folders, I can see them through Nautilus (Places> Network Servers> auto-finds the Workgroup> her PC) But when I share folders thru GNOME she cannot see it at her 'My Network Places' I checked the samba.conf and we're both on the same Workgroup. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Home Directory Permissions
    ... Running Ubuntu 6.10 and LTSP5. ... I've noticed that all of the folders in ... do I go about doing this (chmod ?) ...
    (Ubuntu)