Re: Error with dpkg

Pyuesh Daya schrieb:
Hi

i had amavis installed previously, then removed it. Now when i try to
install any package with dpkg, i get the following error:

dpkg: syntax error: unknown user `amavis' in statoverride file

Anybody out there know how to fix this ??
Look in the following files and delete what you think that should be deleted
/var/lib/dpkg/statoverride
/var/lib/dpkg/statoverride-old

greetings

  • Re: Upgrade to 9.04?
    ... Running apt-get clean isn't helpful. ... only the package debs and they're not affecting your install. ... confusing the hell out of dpkg with the state your system is in. ... Launchpad seems to have found a bug, and I found a very similar ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Debian
    ... Reading package lists... ... Reading state information... ... tools do not directly or indirectly invoke dpkg. ... Selecting previously deselected package libdvdnav4. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: KDE 3.3.2 fails re-install [SOLVED]
    ... make sure you have all the kde components uninstalled: ... anything to do with KDE, but when I looked at it with dpkg, I found 28 ... in package kdewallpapers ... Package kdebase-data is not installed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: dselect refusing to upgrade packages in unstable?
    ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxt-dev: ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libice-dev: ... Package libice6 is not installed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE 3.3.2 fails re-install
    ... dpkg: error processing ... in package kdewallpapers ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kdebase: ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kde-core: ...
    (Debian-User)