Scanners

My old scanner bit the dust. Can anyone suggest a (low-end) scanner that's
going to work well with Ubuntu / Kubuntu?

tia
---Michael

--
Get Microsoft Vista. You don't think *YOU* own your computer, do you?
http://www.jethrocarr.com/index.php?cms=blog:20070124

  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 57, Issue 91
    ... Re: Wubi Install: was Re: ... How can I make my scanner permissions permanent? ... permissions might get created by Ubuntu. ... Subject: Sound Problems ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Cannon LIDE20 Scanner Driver Problem?
    ... The xsane works with all of them. ... when still I was using the Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft, ... given with the scanner to make sure ... I was stupid enough to transfer to Feisty on both the systems together. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: SANE und Mustek 1200cp
    ... Von Ubuntu weiss ich nichts. ... Bei Debian hilft, diejenigen User, ... die den Scanner nutzen sollen, in die Gruppe `scanner' aufzunehmen, ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: BBC News...
    ... Quite a common experience. ... So get a scanner with a vista driver if you need a scanner. ... Dump the HP1018 and get a printer that works with Ubuntu if you need ...
    (uk.politics.misc)