Re: Gnome-RDP scrolling

On 03/08/2007 04:52 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 03/08/2007 04:21 PM, n a wrote:
I believe this is how old unix scrollbars worked. I think VNC 4.x has
scrollbars that you are looking for.

Thanks, I'll look into that. In the meantime UltraVNC is working just
fine (much better actually even via Wine), so I'll stick with that while
testing the other all linux/unix options.

Sorry, added question:

Anyone know of a way to enable a VNC so I can access the login screen?

IOW; if I need to perform maintenance on one of my clients windows
machines (often), apply updates & reboot I can have the UltraVNC
(http://www.ultravnc.com/) server on that machine init at boot and
provide me with the login screen. That way I can log into the admin mode
etc., perform my updates, then reboot & login at the user mode and leave
the machine in that state for the client.

On Ubuntu I can have the machine auto login & that works (especially now
that the HAL race problem has been fixed on Feisty :-), but I don't know
how to get it to allow me to VNC (securely would be preferred) into the
machine at only the login screen with no autologin. If I "Switch User"
from the exit button I can VNC back into the machine, but all I get is a
black screen & it just hangs.

  • Re: Cant connect via VNC from work to home
    ... > I've been trying various versions of VNC to ... > applet from within my workplace's web browser. ... I can still connect UltraVNC to a friend's PC (and ... (Could be FTP, HTTP, HTTPS ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Cant connect via VNC from work to home
    ... I've been trying various versions of VNC to ... and I get a "10061 Connection Refused" error. ... I can still connect UltraVNC to a friend's PC (and ... and at home I have Win XP Pro with the Windows Firewall ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: VNC Security
    ... we had a pretty long running and informative thread on VNC ... The only VNC that had real encryption built in was the ... it was very difficult to deploy the UltraVNC ... encryption changes anyone's view on the security of VNC. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: remote connection from XP to 2000
    ... The nice thing about UltraVNC, versus other flavors of VNC, is that it comes with an encryption ... By design VNC is not natively encrypted presenting a potential security risk if used over ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ...