Making .deb's

Hi! I have been using Ubuntu for a few months now, and it is great. I
came from most of the big RPM distros (Fedora/Redhat,SuSE,Mandrake), and
used rpm to compile and install stuff. I finally figured out how to get
checkinstall to build .debs, but I can't figure out how to get the
debian equivalent of a Source RPM, with the ./configure options. I do
know how to use apt-get build-dep, etc., just not how the source is
configured in the deb's already downloaded. If anyone knows how to find
it, your help would be greatly appreciated.
-Steven

  • Re: RPM files
    ... My question is can the same software we use in ubuntu to download which, ... can I download and install a RPM file into ubuntu with synaptic app. ... RPM is the RedHat Package Management system. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GCC Installation Problems
    ... I downloaded the rpm of the latest gcc but come to ... find out nUbuntu doesn't have rpm either. ... Since RPM is Redhat package manager and Ubuntu is based on Debian, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: loading/compiling previous versions of packages...
    ... I run Ubuntu, the most flexible Linux operating system available. ... Yet, RedHat rpm would have caught the dependency, and warned ... I will be emailing the person maintaining the Hamachi ... Is there a simple way to tell Synaptic or RPM or yum or _SOMETHING_ ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Installation Doubts by Beginner
    ... Java, i.e. a JRE is already installed and more ... You should never log in or work as root on a regular basis. ... I'm trying to install Java in my computer, but when I try to run "rpm" ... Desktop jre-6u20-linux-i586.rpm Pictures Ubuntu One ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • [Full-disclosure] [USN-378-1] RPM vulnerability
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... An error was found in the RPM library's handling of query reports. ... Updated packages for Ubuntu 6.06 LTS: ... amd64 architecture ...
    (Full-Disclosure)