Re: [Problem Found] Re: [Feisty] Today's updates (2.6.20-10) killed my nic

Mario Vukelic wrote:
On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:42 -0700, NoOp wrote:
Network-manager seems to be the cause of a lot of complaints on the
Ubuntu forums and lists, perhaps it should not be bundled in with the
ubuntu-desktop meta package, and instead be an optional install.

No way, including it in a usable state is one of the main goals of
Feisty: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/network-roaming

It seems that more & more stuff is being bundled into Feisty... what
ever happened to "roll your own"?

Nothing happened to it. It is called Debian, Slackware, Gentoo, LFS,
(etc.), as it always was. "Roll your own" never was even a goal for
Ubuntu

Ubuntu isn't LFS, but it doesn't have to include *everything* either.
However, I see why network-manager is included (but I use KDE).

Matt Flaschen