Re: resize window with Alt-Right click(and hold)

Thanks so much.

Thinh Nguyen

Marius Gedminas wrote:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 09:49:52PM -0300, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

I'm used to moving and resizing windows holding Alt and mouse buttons as per
KDE and fluxbox (I would think it's an X default, maybe?), but I recently sat
at a ubuntu (gnome) box at work, and found it very frustrating to get a menu
opened when I right-click the window.

You can use Alt+middle-click-drag to resize windows in GNOME.

Marius Gedminas

  • Re: resize window with Alt-Right click(and hold)
    ... at a ubuntu box at work, and found it very frustrating to get a menu ... You can use Alt+middle-click-drag to resize windows in GNOME. ... Science is to computer science as hydrodynamics is to plumbing. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Breezy Badger - Ubuntu Kubuntu mix
    ... in the menues in Gnome I now have lots of KDE-applications, ... but use apps from the other. ... Or Ubuntu and Kubuntu as such different entities. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Breezy Badger - Ubuntu Kubuntu mix
    ... in the menues in Gnome I now have lots of KDE-applications, ... KDE, but use apps from the other. ... Or Ubuntu and Kubuntu as such different entities. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Gnome2 vs. Gnome3. Why not just port the old environment to the new toolkit?
    ... And before I'll start I have to admit that I never used Linux Mint in the past, and probably never want due to I'm through with everything Ubuntu-related ("But Kim, Linux Mint is something completely different, it's Ubuntu done right!" ... Anyway, I claim that Linux Mint is *only* the better choice over Ubuntu *if* you don't want to use Unity, which is in fact just a forked GNOME 3 fake, and a completely wast of time ("Kim, how dare you? ... I don't want to rant on Unity that much, to me, it's just a fork that exists because Canocical was pissed by the fact thet Red Hat took lead on the GNOME 3 development. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Unable to use Ubuntu 8.04 live CD
    ... NoOp wrote: ... Alt-F2 gksu displayconfig-gtk, but couldnot find the correct monitor or graphics card. ... I had read where someone else, who had the same problem who replaced the "new and improved" xorg.conf file with a version before Ubuntu 8.04, and it worked. ... I took a look at the xorg.conf file and the choices it made were some of the very ones I had chosen before, but would not work in Gnome. ...
    (Ubuntu)