What is this funky application launcher?

Ubuntu Users,

In this "Vista versus Ubuntu" video:
http://www.ubuntuvideo.com/ubuntu_beryl_vs_windows_vistas_aero
... near the end when demonstrating Ubuntu, they show an application
launcher near the top of the screen that has the Firefox icon and
others. It behaves a little like the Mac application launcher, and seems
to replace at least part of the Gnome panel.

I have Beryl installed (I love Beryl!), but I can't find any option
within it to enable an application launcher that looks like the one in
the video.

Is it part of Beryl? An add on? A separate package?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft

  • Re: What is this funky application launcher?
    ... In this "Vista versus Ubuntu" video: ... It behaves a little like the Mac application launcher, ... I have Beryl installed, but I can't find any option ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: What is this funky application launcher?
    ... In this "Vista versus Ubuntu" video: ... It behaves a little like the Mac application launcher, ... I have Beryl installed, but I can't find any option ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Strange files (probably linux virus?) found in flash drives
    ... it's doubtful that the icon indicated in the first screenshot ... to see what exactly the launcher is intended to ... launcher files that do not currently have executable permissions (for ... Registered Ubuntu User: 22747 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Thunderbird icon in Unity launcher
    ... First create the Launcher on the Desktop " ... instructions step by step. ... Switching back to Ubuntu Classic ... It's a little bit easier this time as there are now more indicator apps that I can use to make the bar at the top act like a Gnome panel. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Byobu
    ... I found some software hidden in Ubuntu that configures screen pretty ... go to Accessories and Tick Byobu Window Manager. ... the launcher properties command pane to suit your needs. ...
    (Ubuntu)