Re: extract info form web pages

Adam Funk wrote:
On 2007-03-22, Dimitri Mallis wrote:
i was hoping for some script were i could type the URL, the key words & it
would extract information into a new page on my hard drive...

Perl's LWP modules can do the fetching and HTML-stripping for you, but
if you don't already know some Perl, you'd need to learn quite a bit.

If you are using Perl then also check out WWW::Mechanize and friends.

Cheers, Dave

  • WWW:mechanize to fetch content from a web page as you would do with the mouse
    ... I wrote a perl script to extract information from a web page. ... is unuseful for me. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: extract info form web pages
    ... On 2007-03-22, Dave Howorth wrote: ... would extract information into a new page on my hard drive... ... If you are using Perl then also check out WWW::Mechanize and friends. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: extraction of info from fixed position
    ... it possible to specify some fixed numbers for perl to extract information, ... line3 in the following 3 lines? ... that's what substr is for. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: How to verify a usnername and password?
    ... the perl script verify the combination first. ... intent to get every friends of mine different set of combination. ... perldoc -f crypt ... Note that userID and password administration can be a chore -- users ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Annoying HASH(0x...) in Output
    ... Perl will tell you if you forget a 'my'. ... A reference to an empty hash? ... same @friends that we saw earlier, the package variable also known as ... If that doesn't sell you on 'use strict', ...
    (perl.beginners)