Re: Cloning software

On March 27, 2007 13:17:16 H.S.Rai wrote:
Which will be simplest way to install and maintain same set of
software on large number of PCs. Is there anything like "kick start"
of RedHat, which make installation on various PCs simple, you need not
to give same answer again and again on all PCs.

I wish to make one PC as "Master" and all other slave. If I install or
remove some software from Master, all slave should do same
automatically (may be within 24 hours). How can I achieve this?

--
H.S.Rai
===================

I myself have the exact same need, and messed with apt-thing without
achieving an exact duplicate whatever i tried.

I will look closely as a solution appears here.

--
Martin Laberge
mlsoft@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Repost:What strategy to use to deploy Win2k
    ... We have Deploycenter, and correct me if I am mistaken, but this would not ... work in my current situation because no 2 computers are of the same ... > We use Powerquest Deploycenter to roll out new PCs. ... >> ANI but you cannot automate the installation if you want to format ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
  • Re: Word 2003 scroll bars frozen
    ... document in the User's instance if running or in a new visible instance (as ... I was at a client the other week that had a different set of hotfixes than ... Has the client told you on how many PCs this is happening? ... installed all the same hotfixes as on your installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.automation)
  • Re: F: Nach Windows-Update Programme nicht mehr nutzbar?
    ... >Installation in der Registrierung auf den lokalen PCs deuteten dann doch ... >> Nach dem Update ist der Start nicht mehr moeglich. ... Lustigerweise laeuft es mit den anderen Win98se und WinXP PCs in dem ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • ProtocolReserved-NDIS
    ... Having installed it manually,it did not work in some PCs. ... typedef struct _SEND_RSVD ... Then it started working on the PCs where even manual installation could not ... Does it mean that the protocolreserved size varies from hardware to ...
  • Re: RIS Verzweifelung - riprep.sif
    ... SP4) die Software verteile ich dann mit GruRiLi. ... Dazu einfach am Beginn der Installation, ... dass alle PCs nur mit Standard-HAL laufen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.win2000.active_directory)