Re: cannot open system/admin/printing, cups errors, cups server could not be contacted...

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 20:45 +0200, gerhard wrote:

# Cups configure options
# LOAD_LP_MODULE: enable/disable to load "lp" parallel printer driver
module
LOAD_LP_MODULE=yes
But the message cups server could not be contacted appears again and I
can not setup my printer

Right, I'm just checking to see if everything is there. We haven't done
anything to try and fix the problem yet.

Are there any messages in /var/log/messages, /var/log/syslog,
or /var/log/cups/error_log? There are also access_log and page_log
in /var/logs/cups, but I suspect that what we want to know (if it's
having some sort of problem on startup for example) should be
in /var/log/cups/error_log.

--
Regards,
Scott Lockwood