Re: Install Fonts
- From: "Seth Hasani" <sepheebear@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:54:07 -0400
On 4/15/07, Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-15-04 at 00:51 -0400, Seth Hasani wrote:
Edit the file /etc/fonts/fonts.conf (all users) or ~/.fonts.conf (youraccount only) and insert the line:
Make sure that line is somewhere in between the opening <fontconfig>and closing </fontconfig> tags in that file.
I've never had to edit fonts.conf (didn't even know it existed!) and I've
installed literally thousands of fonts. All I ever did was ran fc-cache -v
-f and let it find everything. It had no problems when I added fonts in new
directories, moved fonts around between directories, etc.
You are correct. The top level /usr/share/fonts is already watched by
fontconfig in the default /etc/fonts/fonts.conf. That <dir> entry wasnt
necessary since fc will search recursively down to the bottom of the tree.
Sex is not the original sin, guilt is.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: DSDT editing
- Next by Date: How to adapt keyboard layout
- Previous by thread: Re: Install Fonts
- Next by thread: intel 82801g on toshiba p105-s6197 - no sound