Feisty and grub

Hello,

I tried to install the alpha of feisty. At the end of the install,
I get the error that grub installation failed. On the log-screen
(ALT-F4), I see the error message that grub-install was not found.

Then I am thrown into d-i main menu. When I choose "install grub"
menu from that, then apt-get is run to install grub and the second
try to run grub-install works as expected.

Seems like some dependencies are broken. Any ideas how to fix this
or what causes the problem?

  • Re: System broken after full-upgrade: please help!
    ... I tought you meant to say `grub-install /dev/sda7', ... not being enough room after the MBR to install grub's core image into. ... now I can boot into it. ... Just one thing: now sda7 grub boot ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Help 10.3 a mess After YOU Upgrade
    ... GRUB stage1. ... The stage1 goes in boot sector of system root partition. ... sda6=/1st SUSE install ... and kernel as defined for selected menu item. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: GRUB, MBR and NTLDR confusion
    ... that GRUB can be loaded on to the boot partition instead of the MBR ... What you want is to install it to the MBR of /dev/hda. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Grub on USB
    ... How can I install grub onto a USB drive so that I can have grub shell at ... Be advised that you may need an initrd to boot from a USB ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)