Re: Upgrade Question

Well, luckily, I just put edgy on the machine about 2 weeks ago, so there
isn't much to lose really.
Gene Lapointe wrote:
I'm sure this is a noob question, but I'm going to ask anyway. If
everything works correctly in Edgy, *should* everything work if i
upgrade?

I own a Toshiba P105-S6197 with edgy installed.

Thanks in advance

Maybe!

Nothing can be guaranteed

I've upgraded 6 machines and two failed. One may have been due to the
fact that I'd been fiddling with Xorg.conf, I had to a reconfig to get
it to work again, so it wasn't too bad. The other disowned the wireless
settings and took quite a bit of fiddling to get working again.

There's only one way to find out, just make sure you have backups of
anything important.

SteVe

Gene Lapointe
gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Upgrade to Edgy failing on X11R6 error
    ... I wanted to upgrade from Dapper to Edgy. ... "It is impossible to install or remove any software. ... I can't upgrade or install anything with apt-get or Synaptic ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Upgrading to Edgy Eft
    ... "something is broken, I have package conflicts", and ask for help. ... You did use similar kind of argumentation in the reply on my mail (cf. thread Lost in upgrade from dapper to edgy): ... Thank you and all Ubuntu people for your work, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Make the switch to Edgy?
    ... I am trying to decide - should I switch to edgy? ... idea to upgrade, on the other hand - the list of new features is ... troublesome I've had since using Ubuntu. ... Back up your home directory (so that you can reinstall Dapper if it ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Edgy -> Hardy Upgrade, suggestions?
    ... Eft is no longer supported, ... behind a firewall) using Edgy Eft. ... I want to upgrade it to Hardy ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Giving up on Edgy
    ... happened immediately after the Edgy install. ... system not been fully backed up when I attempted my Dapper to Edgy ... upgrade my system data would have been hosed. ... See above & yes full backup generally is important. ...
    (Ubuntu)