Re: Upgrade Question

Well, luckily, I just put edgy on the machine about 2 weeks ago, so there
isn't much to lose really.
Gene Lapointe wrote:
I'm sure this is a noob question, but I'm going to ask anyway. If
everything works correctly in Edgy, *should* everything work if i
upgrade?

I own a Toshiba P105-S6197 with edgy installed.

Thanks in advance

Maybe!

Nothing can be guaranteed

I've upgraded 6 machines and two failed. One may have been due to the
fact that I'd been fiddling with Xorg.conf, I had to a reconfig to get
it to work again, so it wasn't too bad. The other disowned the wireless
settings and took quite a bit of fiddling to get working again.

There's only one way to find out, just make sure you have backups of
anything important.

SteVe

Gene Lapointe
gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx