Re: logins taking longer since feisty upgrade.

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 18:38 +0900, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
I have recently upgraded half of my server to feisty from edgy.
One thing i have noticed is that eversince upgrading,
logging in via ssh seems to have slow down quite a abit.
I'm also feeling that logging in from a standard login screen has
slowed down a bit as well.

anyone else notice this?
did something change in the login process to cause it to take longer
to authenticate?

see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/84899
for a possible fix. Adding the remote host to the /etc/hosts file worked
for me.

--
Kind regards
Alistair Crust

  • Re: logins taking longer since feisty upgrade.
    ... logging in via ssh seems to have slow down quite a abit. ... I'm also feeling that logging in from a standard login screen has ... AIM: tomoki taniguchi ... Skegness Grammar School ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: logins taking longer since feisty upgrade.
    ... I'm also feeling that logging in from a standard login screen has ... I noticed this quite a bit, I've been logging in via ssh to one of our ... Skegness Grammar School ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Prevent user from login to RWW>
    ... I have a feeling I'm overlooling something simple, but is there a way to prevent a particular user from logging into Remote Web Workplace? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: how to password protect shared folders
    ... "bof" wrote in message ... >>I have a feeling you can switch it off by logging in as The ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)