Re: A little help please!

On 04/28/2007 12:22 PM, Hank P wrote:
Hi Everybody!

VERY Old dog trying to learn new tricks. Is there a Brain Dead Newbie
Guide in PLAIN ENGLISH for Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 floating around anywhere?

With my very limited knowledge of op sys and hardware I'm lost. My
personal thought ... Ubuntu and the community = AWESOME!

Lots of good suggestions that are ubuntu specific. The great thing
about ubuntu, the community and the user guides already referenced is
that they will just say "do this." It has worked for me quite well.
Sometimes the answers are not easily found. So I personally want to
know more about what is going on behind the curtain. Here is one more
guide that is more generic. I have DLed the files but have not started
reading yet. But I'm told this book will get you to understand what is
going on, not just the syntax for doing specific stuff.

http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

Regards,
Patton

  • Re: Help with Ubuntu 10.4 and Wireless Broadband
    ... Can anyone help me with a simple, basic step-by-step guide to setting ... up a wireless broadband connection using Ubuntu 10.4? ... I have a USB dongle supplied by Adam ... I should get a reasonable connection and speed for my $19.90 for 1.5 ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Help with Ubuntu 10.4 and Wireless Broadband
    ... Sent via Gmail - Wed Apl 6 sent to: ... Can anyone help me with a simple, basic step-by-step guide to setting ... up a wireless broadband connection using Ubuntu 10.4? ... I have a USB dongle supplied by Adam ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Problems with setting up SVN, WebDAV, Trac
    ... I was following this guide to install SVN, WebDAV and Trac on my new Ubuntu ... it gives me the same ssh connection error. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: RISC OS Six buttons
    ... I've not seen the four booklets published by RComp, ... Ubuntu and Linux in general. ... and there will very likely be a step-by-step guide to getting it ... For getting online to start with, I should think you could get someone to ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: Followup to slrn on SimplyMepis
    ... Distro well enough to be able to determine if there is a make or ... Andrew should not call them "guides for Ubuntu". ... guide, since they're probably used to compiling from source, and even ...
    (news.software.readers)