Re: A little help please!

Torsten Spindler wrote:
On Sat, 2007-28-04 at 18:11 -0600, debiani386 wrote:

hmmm. ive had problems where it wouldnt play WMA, nor MP3, nor MPG,. It
played avi and wav files just fine

Have you followed the instructions on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats to get these formats
working?

Also, if totem is not playing certain files, I would give vlc a try. It
has a decent GUI and built-in support for many formats.

Regards,
Torsten

oh no i havent. didnt know about them. Ill go ahead and download them. thx
--cj

  • Re: A little help please!
    ... played avi and wav files just fine ... Also, if totem is not playing certain files, I would give vlc a try. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: "Audiophile" mp3 player?
    ... EQs and bubble-gum processing on the unit. ... I doubt that the mp3 format is accurate enough to reveal differences in DACs. ... But "when the unit is playing back .wav files"? ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: "Audiophile" mp3 player?
    ... It's got this funny dynamic compression, ... EQs and bubble-gum processing on the unit. ... But "when the unit is playing back .wav files"? ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Never normalize to 0dB?
    ... As an aside (while absorbing beer after the flight from Austin and car ... that they do playing back low bitrate mp3's, ... because low bitrate mp3's sound worse than cd quality .wav files ... aren't the greatest sound sources, what you get out does depend on what ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Compressed wav to pcm
    ... ACM instead of DShow for the task i need. ... library for playing sounds, but it only works with regular wav files, ... I have some *.wav files from our clients who are using ... different compression codecs, which need to be installed in the system ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia)