Samba Woes: Network name cannot be found
- From: Michael Satterwhite <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:30:43 -0500
I'm still fighting getting Samba back up on my machine. Right now, I'm getting
an error message on the client when I click on the share name:
\\Photon\michael is not accessible
network name cannot be found.
Note that I saved my smb.conf file from my old dapper installation (which
worked perfectly). I've restored that file for use on my feisty installation,
so I know my samba configuration is identical to what it used to be.
Earlier, I (think) added michael to the smbpasswd file. I don't see the samba
password file in /etc, but I don't see it in the dapper /etc, either.
Any and all help greatly appreciated. I really need to get this connection up.
Thanks in advance
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: VMware + WindowsXP guest + license?
- Next by Date: Re: Whatever happened to SNMP?
- Previous by thread: Can't set Samba user
- Next by thread: Re: Samba Woes: Network name cannot be found