Re: Getting back Ubuntu Grub after FC5 install
- From: Thomas Kaiser <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:44:24 +0200
Bruce Marshall wrote:
On Thursday 17 May 2007, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
I run grub-install and did not help :-(
Edit menu.lst in FC5 is not an option!
Make yourself a file like the below and modify it as necessary.
setup --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 (hd1,4) (hd1,4)
setup --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 (hd0) (hd1,4)
Note that this sets up grub on two different areas... hd0 would be the MBR
of your first hard drive and hd1,4 would be /dev/hdb5 on the second
The first argument above tells grub where to write its boot records and the
second argument tells where the grub files are.
If you can tell me where your grub stuff is, I'll tell you how to modify it if
you can't figure it out.
Once you have the proper file (I put mine as /etc/grub.conf) then run it
grub < /etc/grub.conf
Now if you can't boot into anything in order to run this, you'll have to use a
live CD or some other method to do that.
This where the grub parameters I was looking for. Now, I have my Ubuntu grub
back ;-). But should not do "dpkg-reconfigure grub" the same thing?
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: $PATH used to be set in .bash_profile
- Next by Date: UPDATE: FreeBSD to Ubuntu
- Previous by thread: Re: Getting back Ubuntu Grub after FC5 install
- Next by thread: Re: Getting back Ubuntu Grub after FC5 install