Re: Modems

On 05/18/2007 04:02 PM, Roger Neth Jr wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 17:39 -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
Can anyone suggest a currently being sold fax modem for use with Ubuntu? I'd
prefer an internal or USB, but an external serial would work, too, if it
doesn't break the bank (I don't have a large bank <g>).

Thanks much
---Michael

Hello Michael, I researched this a lot and got a 3com internal hardware
modem from ebay. 56K FaxModem Model 5610

Works great on Feisty.

I tried a winmodem with a conexant chip and did not like it as I would
have to purchase a driver from a 3rd party.

Here is the website I used for research http://www.xmodem.org/

Excellent info! Does the modem work in parallel with a DSL connection?

  • Re: Modems
    ... prefer an internal or USB, but an external serial would work, too, if it ... doesn't break the bank. ... Hello Michael, I researched this a lot and got a 3com internal hardware ... have to purchase a driver from a 3rd party. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Funding online accounts following U.S. ban
    ... "Michael T." ... If Neteller follows Firepay's lead, how do you all plan on funding your ... "I opened an account on Bodog, ... payment to a bank. ...
    (rec.gambling.sports)
  • Re: Darf ich Lohn eines Bekannten (der kein Konto bekommt) auf mein Konto ueberweisen lassen? Und me
    ... Harald Hengel fand folgende Worte: ... > Michael Block schrieb: ... Die Bank richtet ... Next by Date: ...
    (de.soc.recht.misc)
  • Re: RFQs from Chinese companys
    ... Chinese company. ... I'll bet that if you followed it a few more steps they ask for your bank ... Michael Gailey ... What gets me is your bank account number is on every ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: WWE rips off All My Children
    ... Michael wrote: ... >> I still say that he'd be best off using the money in the bank thing.. ... Money in the Bank thing aplies and jump to SD that way after getting ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)