Re: Modems

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 16:46 -0700, NoOp wrote:
On 05/18/2007 04:02 PM, Roger Neth Jr wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 17:39 -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
Can anyone suggest a currently being sold fax modem for use with Ubuntu? I'd
prefer an internal or USB, but an external serial would work, too, if it
doesn't break the bank (I don't have a large bank <g>).

Thanks much
---Michael

Hello Michael, I researched this a lot and got a 3com internal hardware
modem from ebay. 56K FaxModem Model 5610

Works great on Feisty.

I tried a winmodem with a conexant chip and did not like it as I would
have to purchase a driver from a 3rd party.

Here is the website I used for research http://www.xmodem.org/

Excellent info! Does the modem work in parallel with a DSL connection?

Hello NoOP, how are you?

I just use my dialup modem for faxing and use an ADSL modem for
Internet.

I'm not sure what you are asking about work in parallel with a DSL
connection.

Have a good weekend!

Roger

Galatians 2:20