Re: Modems

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 16:46 -0700, NoOp wrote:
On 05/18/2007 04:02 PM, Roger Neth Jr wrote:
On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 17:39 -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
Can anyone suggest a currently being sold fax modem for use with Ubuntu? I'd
prefer an internal or USB, but an external serial would work, too, if it
doesn't break the bank (I don't have a large bank <g>).

Thanks much
---Michael

Hello Michael, I researched this a lot and got a 3com internal hardware
modem from ebay. 56K FaxModem Model 5610

Works great on Feisty.

I tried a winmodem with a conexant chip and did not like it as I would
have to purchase a driver from a 3rd party.

Here is the website I used for research http://www.xmodem.org/

Excellent info! Does the modem work in parallel with a DSL connection?

Hello NoOP, how are you?

I just use my dialup modem for faxing and use an ADSL modem for
Internet.

I'm not sure what you are asking about work in parallel with a DSL
connection.

Have a good weekend!

Roger

Galatians 2:20

  • Re: Modems
    ... doesn't break the bank. ... Does the modem work in parallel with a DSL connection? ... Internet. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Modems
    ... doesn't break the bank. ... Does the modem work in parallel with a DSL connection? ... Internet. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Fax by DSL
    ... We have a 9-Mac network, LinkSys router, and DSL for internet. ... Can 10.4 send faxes via the DSL connection? ... Or must the modem be separately connected to the phone system. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Internet Connection trouble - puzzling
    ... with my internet connection. ... internet but the connection is not recognized by the ... using a DSL connection, both connecting successfully, yet ... thus I do not believe it is the DSL or modem, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Internet Sharing
    ... Sharing in the Sharing System Prefs pane. ... How do I get other Macs on the same LAN to use that shared internet ... The problem is that you already have a router on your network - the ... broadband modem. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)