Re: Shift-t does not display on terminals

Am Montag, den 21.05.2007, 16:17 -0500 schrieb Larry Alkoff:
hen I type a shift-t on an xterm, konsole or the console (f1 - f6)
no character appears. This started today.

All the other keys work ok, both lower case and shifted.

However, in vim, dosemu or thunderbird (like now) I can type T without
problems.

Try if typing a "T" works in a simpler shell like dash, or just run
"cat" at the shell prompt to echo every typed character to stdout. You
may also use "od -c" or "od -a" to see if the key is translated into
characters not visible in the terminal. All these tools may be exited
with Ctrl-d.

If the "T" works normally in these programs and not in bash, chances are
high that your problem is related to settings in ~/.inputrc or
/etc/inputrc. To verify that, you may run bash with "bash --noediting".
If my assumption seems to be true you will have to fumble around with
the contents of the named files. Read "man readline" and "man bash" to
get some help.

Your problem can't be xmodmap related because it occures in the console
as well. If all of the above doesn't apply, then I have no f* clue. :-)

[x] ulf

--
Act social. Share your system. http://www.getinternetexplorer.com/

  • How to Send a Bell Character as Part of the Prompt in CSH
    ... wanted it to ring the terminal bell on each new shell prompt. ... I get the representation of the \a expression as a control ... emulation receiving the ASCII 7 character to beep the terminal. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)