Re: FTP site

Bruce,

Bruce Marshall wrote:
On Sunday 27 May 2007, Mitch Contla wrote:
If you go this route, you'll probably want to install something like the
ddclient package to periodically update your ip address with DynDNS.

Don't forget, you'll also need to make sure that your router is configured
to forward ftp to your server (TCP 20 & 21).

I am sure that ddclient is NOT going to work if it is placed behind a router.
The only IP address it will see is the address given out by the router's
DHCP. Just went through this with a friend.

No you can make ddclient work from behind a NAT router. ddclient has
several ways of figuring out the IP address. One way is to query a WEB
site that returns the address it sees. This returns the external IP
address of the router.

Regards,
Tony
E: tony.arnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

  • Re: [opensuse] ddclient on opensuse 10.3
    ... I am behind a router, but I'm not sure that matters. ... The method I'm havening problems with is running ddclient in daemon mode ... the new PID is different than the one listed in this log. ...
    (SuSE)
  • dynamic dns IP assignment from behind router
    ... I'm trying to get a dynamic dns client working on my home machines. ... router plays into some of my difficulties. ... I've tried and failed with both ddclient and ipcheck, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] SuSE 10.0 client for DynDNS???
    ... If your router sits upstream of your linux box then that is the ... I use ddclient for two domains and it works flawlessly. ... the perl script didn't properly support the WRT54G router and I needed ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] SuSE 10.0 client for DynDNS???