Re: New Motherboard PM9MS

Dave M wrote:
I would like to move my Ubuntu (v6.06) installation from one system
(MS6368) to another (PM9MS). The PM9MS motherboard has a 3ghz P4, 1Gb
memory and integrated I/O (Sound/Video/Disk/Ethernet/USB etc). It is based
on the VIA chip set (VT6103 LAN, VT8237 South Bridge and PM800 North
Bridge) and the ITE IT8705 Super-I/O chip.

What is the easiest way to deal with configuring the drivers for a new
motherboard? If I move the disks from one system to the other will Ubuntu
detect the new hardware or do I have to do something to update the drivers?

I ran the live CD and that seems to work so I think the hardware is
supported. I would like to avoid having to re-install everything from
scratch if I can.

TIA

Dave M
Davem (at) Mich (dot) Com
Ann Arbor, Mich. USA

Protect your digital rights: http://www.eff.org
"The 'Analog Holes' they want to stop up are our eyes, ears and mouths."

I'd just swap out the hard drive from one computer to the other, not
hard to do, and Ubuntu will detect your hardware upon booting it up...

Larry