Re: Connecting to MySQL using Open Office Base via ODBC...

On 06/04/2007 02:43 AM, Gabriel Dragffy wrote:
The was a step that I missed out, see below:

# Move the Ubuntu Oo binary
sudo mv /usr/bin/ooffice /usr/bin/ooffice.ubuntu

This way you can execute the new Oo by executing /usr/bin/ooffice, and
the ubuntu one using /usr/bin/ooffice.ubuntu

Ah... that is why I couldn't except for running directly from /usr/lib/
etc.

One problem that I ran into is if you uninstall (O)OOo you need to
remember to remove the sym links. Otherwise a new install of (U)OOo will
still try to refer to the (O)OOo installation (which is no longer
there). I ran into this on one system that I decided to remove all OOo,
then install (U)OOo, test, and then install (O)OOo.

  • >>>> INSTALL UBUNTU <<<<
    ... Ubuntu No Install Screen Boot Scripts ... After Install Ubuntu Server Constantly Reboots ... Which Ubuntu Linux Kernal To Install ...
    (rec.music.progressive)
  • The Big Ol Ubuntu Security Resource
    ... but its default install has flaws. ... are the mods you need to make to protect your system. ... If you've recently switched from Windows to the Linux distribution Ubuntu, ... IT Security has prepared a guide to help you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 146 LAMP instead XAMP worked OK
    ... Re: LAMP ... find for how to set up a printer in Ubuntu is in version 7.4. ... How did you install LAMP? ... LAMP server software. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • The Big Ol Ubuntu Security Resource
    ... but its default install has flaws. ... are the mods you need to make to protect your system. ... If you've recently switched from Windows to the Linux distribution Ubuntu, ... IT Security has prepared a guide to help you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 230
    ... from fedora to ubuntu ... Virtual machine ... Ubuntu will ask you if you want to install the ... Unable to send/receive e-mail between my e-mail server ...
    (Ubuntu)