/usr/share/logwatch/, but I'd like to know how to completely suppress
the exim section (since I already get a report from eximstats) without
altering the contents of /usr/share/logwatch/.

On 2007-06-06, Brian McKee wrote:
I don't know what the official answer is - but if you
mv /etc/log.d/conf/services/exim.conf /etc/log.d/conf/services/exim.conf.orig
it won't show up anymore...

I think I've figured it out; creating /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf
with these two lines
~~~~~
Service = "-exim"
Service = "-eximstats"
~~~~~
seems to have the effect I want.

  • Re: Logwatch: how to suppress the exim section?
    ... the exim section (since I already get a report from eximstats) without ... On 2007-06-06, Brian McKee wrote: ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: exim HELO=fully qualified host name?
    ... I believe that exim will, by default, report the first entry in your ... I believe exim will report the machine as booger. ... Just move the FQDN into the first slot and you should be fine. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: exim HELO=fully qualified host name?
    ... > I believe that exim will, by default, report the first entry in your ... This would be a bug if it did that. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: exim HELO=fully qualified host name?
    ... >> I believe that exim will, by default, report the first entry in your ... >> I believe exim will report the machine as booger. ... Could you expound apon the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is there a way to capture kernel panic info?
    ... Brian McKee wrote: ... kernel panic which dumps a lot of information on the screen. ... I would like to report this ... only use another linux box rather than a genuine serial console. ...
    (Ubuntu)