Re: Simple "About this computer" utility?

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 16:51 +0200, Casey Stamper wrote:
On 6/8/07, David Stubblebine <dstubb.mylists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a simple "about this computer" utility for ubuntu
that shows
processor speed, RAM installed, serial number, etc? Kinda
like "About
this Mac" on Macs or Belarc Advisor on Windows?

--
Casey Stamper

The Gnome System Monitor (gnome-system-monitor from the console) shows
the most basic stuff under the System tab under Feisty.

--
Darryl LeCount
www.jamyskis.net

PGP Key: 1E94A0F1
-----------------
To confirm the authenticity of this mail, add this key to your PGP keyring.
Um den Ursprung dieses E-Mails zu bestätigen, bitte diesen Schüssel an Ihrem PGP-Schlüsselbund einfügen.
Pour vérifier l'authenticité de ce courriel, ajoutez ce clé à votre porte-clés PGP.

  • Re: The Beep Function.
    ... Ubuntu but that's a bit trickier to set up. ... On my home PC because of the difficulty in making Windows ... Helmut and found myself dashing to the dictionary onboard my iBook to ... then decided to buy a Mac and this I did. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • RE: Which is better? OSX or Ubuntu?
    ... I have upgraded the memory in the iMac to 320MB now. ... "Recent Ubuntu Convert" ... Install will be the same for both. ... both Ubuntu and Mac OS X will support your mouse ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Which is better? OSX or Ubuntu?
    ... Install will be the same for both. ... both Ubuntu and Mac OS X will support your mouse ... including open source software that's been packaged ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Ubuntu Linux successfully working on Mac Mini Server 2011
    ... Ubuntu distributions Server and Xubuntu have been successfully installed and used on a Mac Mini Server released in July 2011. ... The Boot Camp utility on Mac OS Lion is of no use in installing Linux; it only assists the installation of Windows 7. ... Mac OS Lion introduces a number of changes over previous versions of Mac OS which makes Mac OS Lion very difficult to use in setting up a dual boot with it a Linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Which is better? OSX or Ubuntu?
    ... Ease of installing additional hardware ... >>If it's not a bargain basement discount peripheral, Mac OS X! ... If it's bargain basement, Ubuntu may include drivers. ... >>480 Mbps and Firewire is 400 Mbps but Firewire is a more robust ...
    (Ubuntu)