Re: 2.6.20-16 kernel, was Re: vmware blues
- From: Jef Driesen <jefdriesen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:30:50 +0200
No, but I've been researching upgrading the kernel. Sadly I see nothing
but bad news about 2.6.20-16 so I'm a bit reluctant. Is there any GOOD
news about this kernel? Is it just a case of
<sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.20-16-386>
Maybe there are just a few people having problems and most people are OK
with this kernel. Any comments?
The kernel runs fine on my laptop, but I (and a lot of others) have
problems with my desktop (ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard with intel
ICH5R chipset). The problem seems to be caused by having both PATA and
SATA disks with the ata_piix kernel module. Some days ago, there was an
kernel update that fixes the problem for me.
You can install the new kernel image without removing the old one. If it
doesn't work, you can make the old kernel the default in grub and try
again when an update is available. That is what I did.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Emacs and accented letters
- Next by Date: Re: beryl & ati x1600
- Previous by thread: Re: 2.6.20-16 kernel, was Re: vmware blues
- Next by thread: Re: 2.6.20-16 kernel, was Re: vmware blues