Re: Feisty and ping

spacemarc wrote:
2007/6/14, Harry L. Lee <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
what do you mean doesn't work?

I mean that it doesn't show output, like ping, finger and the others
net tools...
I have a USB modem

2007/6/15, James Takac <p3nndrag0n@xxxxxxxxx>:
I noticed when setting up firestarter an option to allow ping, icmp, etc to
allow traceroute and such to work. So my Q would be, do you have firestarter
or another firewall enabled along the way which might be blocking them?

I have Firestarter but I block ping requests only incoming, like ever

Try disabling ICMP filtering and see if that fixes the problem. Which
options for ICMP filtering do you have turned on in Firestarter? And are
there any events logged when you try to ping a remote machine?

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

  • Re: sharing files between ubuntu computers
    ... To do this i had to disable firestarter as I did not have the ... let's see you've got connectivity between the two computers without ... the Jaunty one but not the other way around (you can't access the Jaunty ... ping 192.168.xx.yy ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Feisty and ping
    ... there any events logged when you try to ping a remote machine? ... OK, this is an echo reply packet, i.e., the packet that comes back as a ... In your ICMP filtering in firestarter you should allow the echo reply ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Feisty and ping
    ... I have a USB modem ... allow traceroute and such to work. ... I have Firestarter but I block ping requests only incoming, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Feisty and ping
    ... options for ICMP filtering do you have turned on in Firestarter? ... there any events logged when you try to ping a remote machine? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ubuntu Forums
    ... > Carroll Grigsby wrote: ... >>> Did you send a ping on it? ... Tony Arnold, IT Security Coordinator, University of Manchester, ... IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL. ...
    (Ubuntu)