Re: <sigh> Confised Again!
- From: Pete Holsberg <pjh42@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:52:03 -0400
jerry keyed the following on 6/18/2007 4:45 AM:
Pete Holsberg wrote:
I downloaded Ubuntu 7.04 having the feeling that it would recognize mysearching google for ralink rt2500 +ubuntu brings up a lot of sites.
wireless PCI card (RALINK RT2500 chipset) but it seems not to.
In Network Tools, only the local loop and the Ethernet device are shown.
lspci however does show the card.
1) What does this signify?
2) What do I do next? (I have the drivers on a thumb drive).
Hmmm...maybe I'll try that.
This one seems right on target;Thanks. It's not quite spot on as (1) I did a fresh install, not an
upgrade; and (2) I will have no Internet connection with this computer
until the wireless is working.
However, the question of whether 7.04 knows about RT2500 cards is "no"!
Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache,
do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: <sigh> Confised Again!
- Next by Date: Re: appending images at the end of e-mails
- Previous by thread: Re: <sigh> Confised Again!
- Next by thread: Re: <sigh> Confised Again!