Not recording

On HP Compaq Desktop machine, sound recording was working o.k. with
Ubuntu Dapar. I installed (not upgraded) Ubuntu Feisty. It shows two
devices HDA Intel (Alsa Mixer) and Realtek ALC883 (OSS Mixer). I tried
both, with all setting, using front mic, head phone enabled. On
recoding, it shows recording, but on playing, it does not do any
thing. During recording, time increases, but during play, no progress
is shown. On trying to save recorded file, it says:

Could not save the file "Invalid parameter".

How can I solve this problem?

--
H.S.Rai

  • Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
    ... technology using some form of Linux since the mid 1990s. ... Ubuntu is the easiest distro to install, maintain and use that I have ... I've been recording my math classes mostly. ... record my computer science classes too, but I use Linux in those ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
    ... See what you think about my first recording demoing SAGE: ... the video looks great and well presented. ... area to play with if you hid the top panel of Ubuntu (right-click, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
    ... See what you think about my first recording demoing SAGE: ... Jorge Garcia ... the video looks great and well presented. ... area to play with if you hid the top panel of Ubuntu (right-click, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
    ... See what you think about my first recording demoing SAGE: ... the video looks great and well presented. ... area to play with if you hid the top panel of Ubuntu (right-click, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: No sound recording
    ... I have Compaq Presario 2100 and could not play any MP3 in ubuntu 6.10 ... Gnome Sound Recorder, starts time on clicking "Record", but on ... During recording, ... install ubuntu and update it, then install kubuntu-desktop, a big ...
    (Ubuntu)