Re: Upgrade went wrong to box using lvm

On 25/06/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have just tried to do an upgrade from breezy to feisty on a box that
was using Logical Volume Manager (it was a 'defailt' install, I think
there was only one group.

I did the install from the command line, I remmed out universe etc.
and changed all occurences of breezy to fiesty. I then did apt-get
update, apt-get dist-upgrade.

During the install the apt-get just hung so I ended up rebooting.
When the box came up all I got was a ash shell.

Not being able to complete the stall is OK, the thing is I want to get
some of the data of the hard disk. Am I going to be able to put the
hard disk onto another box and access the data, I guess I will need to
mount the lvm volumes on another box.

In retrospect I should not of used lvm;(

It anyone else stumbles across this thread there is quite a good hoto
at http://www.linux-sxs.org/storage/fedora2ubuntu.html witch tells you
how to mount lvm drives without knowing the group setup.

Ben

Any help much appreciated,
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use

--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)

  • Re: How to reinstall without changing anything?
    ... What did the script run under, ... Did you install a bare-bones system ... mkdir /hda1 ... apt-get -qq install x-window-system ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Updates SOLVED!
    ... Putting Synaptic to one side, and after having done the apt-get update, ... problems with the vlc package, ... Then an apt-get install vlc may have printed out some usefull info. ... We've already confirmed that if you originally got vlc from freshrpms, the maintainer should be shown as Matthias Saou, so the packages above should also show him as the maintainer. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Upgrade went wrong to box using lvm
    ... I did the install from the command line, ... update, apt-get dist-upgrade. ... In retrospect I should not of used lvm;( ... how to mount lvm drives without knowing the group setup. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Package installation errors
    ... #apt-get upgrade ... You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: ... The following packages have unmet dependencies: ... Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages. ...
    (Debian-User)