Re: Upgrade went wrong to box using lvm

On 25/06/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have just tried to do an upgrade from breezy to feisty on a box that
was using Logical Volume Manager (it was a 'defailt' install, I think
there was only one group.

I did the install from the command line, I remmed out universe etc.
and changed all occurences of breezy to fiesty. I then did apt-get
update, apt-get dist-upgrade.

During the install the apt-get just hung so I ended up rebooting.
When the box came up all I got was a ash shell.

Not being able to complete the stall is OK, the thing is I want to get
some of the data of the hard disk. Am I going to be able to put the
hard disk onto another box and access the data, I guess I will need to
mount the lvm volumes on another box.

In retrospect I should not of used lvm;(

It anyone else stumbles across this thread there is quite a good hoto
at http://www.linux-sxs.org/storage/fedora2ubuntu.html witch tells you
how to mount lvm drives without knowing the group setup.

Ben

Any help much appreciated,
Ben

--