Re: X Off

On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 13:43 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 04:20 +0530, das wrote:
The working of init in Ubuntu seems quite mysterious

Despite the use of upstart, whose features are not yet fully used,
the /etc/init.d scripts still work much like Debian, and its docs will
be helpful, e.g.:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-customizing.en.html#s-booting
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s-sysvinit
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-customizing.en.html#s-custombootscripts

Thank you for the documentation links.

  • Re: X Off
    ... Despite the use of upstart, whose features are not yet fully used, ... the /etc/init.d scripts still work much like Debian, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • live cd/usb projects?
    ... The Debian/xfce live cd is ok @ 400mb but I'd like to shrink it or keep it same size with my preferred apps. ... I have also looked at other live cd scripts like the one slax uses and the ones listed in Debian repo. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: post processing
    ... Photoshop elements lacks some essential features (layers, what can you do in PS without layers and scripts? ... beware that they are about to remove essentials features in it, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: how to manage services ?
    ... Debian doesn't follow the same line described for RH here. ... dpkg scripts noted above. ... In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be ... ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is Linux Unix?
    ... >>does not have all the latest features. ... > She can become a root and shut down or restart her Debian work station; ... it's kinda sad but I don't see how an ordinary user (as ... of OSs that are very similar, just like linux distros (and you have a ...
    (Debian-User)