Re: VNC programs

Pete Holsberg wrote:
I'm looking for a VNC client and server that will allow me to transfer
files between a Ubuntu 7.04 and a Win XP.

Which is the client and which is the server? If XP is the server you
can use TightVNC. Get the latest version from http://www.tightvnc.com
(1.3.9) and use the Windows VNC Viewer on the Ubuntu Client under WINE.
Then you can use the file transfer option in the toolbar. I've done
this, it works but isn't very graceful. I believe Ultr@VNC also does this.

Afaik the Linux version of TightVNC does not support file transfers.

-d

  • apt-get update:Data connection closed
    ... I had installed a workstation lPC ubuntu 10.04, the problem is whe i run ... Data transfer failed, server said 'Data connection closed, file transfer ... I try with a virtual machine and curiosly all work fine! ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Search Machine for Ubuntu machine
    ... Jim Rosser wrote: ... well as the Ubuntu server that can also run as it's own client. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: FTP Uploads Connection Reset
    ... >while uploading files to our FTP server. ... Out of 10 file transfer attempts, about half fail, ... The client sends it, and some time later the transfer ... >MS cmdline ftp: When it does fail, the error is connection reset by peer. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: Converting data into Unicode
    ... I tried with windows being the client and it did work, that is I got the file transfered down and it was in Unicode, big endian. ... However write/wordpad had a problem reading the file with the file, it seem to know that it was Unicode, but I think it assumed little endian. ... If the ftp software (either the client or the server) on the HP-UX box does not support it, ... When you an ASCII file transfer this tells both the server and client that the data will be in "virtual telnet ASCII". ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Central hostname management
    ... I'm currently converting some of my 100 % Slackware setups to a combination of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the server and ElementaryOS 0.2 on the desktop. ... Home directories and authentication are all managed centrally, and I'm relying on the fact that I can easily clone a desktop client to install or replace it. ...
    (Ubuntu)