Ubuntu on PowerPC

Hi Everyone,

Being so happy with Ubuntu on the Dell laptop, I now am thinking about
installing it on my older G4 power Mac.

7.04 has no support for power PC, but is there any community based
support for it? Is it worth trying or should I install openSuse which
supports PPC.

Thank you very much for any help,
Oudisos.

  • Re: Installing Linux on UEFI machine
    ... First I tried Scientific Linux 6.2 (which is the distro I ... Since SL is a RHEL clone and that has support for installing on UEFI ... I installed Ubuntu on one partition and SL6.2 on ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: What should I suggest my Aunt?
    ... That or Ubuntu 10.04. ... I too am in favour of LTS (Long Term Support) release. ... installing Ubuntu 11.04 but I thought for long term ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 333
    ... to Karl ... Installing Ubuntu ) ... are wasting their time making anti-virus for linux, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... contacted HP Support directly about these problems? ... the machine did not come with Vista SP1 preinstalled)? ... issues started right after installing that update, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... crossposted it to Windows Update newsgroup) but it must've gotten lost in the ether because it hasn't appeared. ... I'd recommend either contacting HP Support or Microsoft Vista SP1 Support, ... issues started right after installing that update, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)