Re: resolv.conf issues - suggestion (was Re: browser problems )

I've been having a similar problem (see subj:"NetworkManager, VPN,
resolv.conf" ) except for me, the resolv.conf being set up by
network-manager for a vpn connection was getting clobbered.

Anyway, I decided to try the immutable attr after reading it in this
thread. Later when network-manager tried to update it's own
resolv.conf (in this case after disconnecting from the vpn), it /did
not/ behave gracefully at all. In fact, in completely hung, and I had
to kill it and all related processes. Then even after removing the
immutable attr and even restarting networking, network-manager
wouldn't behave. I eventually had to restart the machine.

So, moral of the story is, if network-manager tries to update
resolv.conf and can't, it freaks out.

Zach