Re: iptables

deepak you do know that iptables is the firewall for linux so removing
it is not such a good idea.
deepak wrote:
What happened to me was similar. That's why I removed iptables, and
there is no problem now.

johan wrote:
hi

since my last upgrade of iptables, file sending amsn doesn't seem to
work very well anymore. After a few bytes of sending, the sending
blocks. Very strange. Also mismatches in packets sent (bytes)
greetz,
Johan

deepak wrote:

After the recent iptables update on my Feisty, my DSL connection would
sleep after a few minutes. I tried downgrading it to the previous
version, but even that did not work. Ultimately, removing it did.

Any ideas?

  • Re: Hanged/Hunged process in Linux
    ... "Deepak" wrote: ... > It will detect a hanged application and will restart it ... > possible to create such a process in LInux as in linux signal delivery ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: iptables
    ... deepak wrote: ... johan wrote: ... since my last upgrade of iptables, file sending amsn doesn't ... If it starts sending, and then hangs, it's probably not iptables ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: iptables
    ... deepak wrote: ... johan wrote: ... since my last upgrade of iptables, file sending amsn doesn't ... If it starts sending, and then hangs, it's probably not iptables ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: iptables
    ... deepak wrote: ... johan wrote: ... I will debug iptables a bit. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: do_fork() in linux
    ... deepak wrote: ... Could someone point the path of file where do_forkwritten in linux ... These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Siemens Computers! ... Company Details: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/imprint.html ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)