Re: iptables

deepak you do know that iptables is the firewall for linux so removing
it is not such a good idea.
deepak wrote:
What happened to me was similar. That's why I removed iptables, and
there is no problem now.

johan wrote:

since my last upgrade of iptables, file sending amsn doesn't seem to
work very well anymore. After a few bytes of sending, the sending
blocks. Very strange. Also mismatches in packets sent (bytes)

deepak wrote:

After the recent iptables update on my Feisty, my DSL connection would
sleep after a few minutes. I tried downgrading it to the previous
version, but even that did not work. Ultimately, removing it did.

Any ideas?

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: