Re: running scripts before x-server starts

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 20:25 -0400, Matt Morgan wrote:
On 7/30/07, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/30/07, Naja Melan <najamelan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,

im looking for a way to run a script, depending on which option in grub i
choose to run a script before xserver starts. Basically to be able to choose
between multiple xorg.conf files.

Anyone knows if it can be done?

cheers
naja

/etc/rc.local

oops, I think I'm wrong about that. It runs after x starts up. Wrote
before I thought.

MBR, GRUB, Kernel, inittab, init.d. and rcS which calls S??* scripts
in /etc/rcS.d/ in numerical/alphabetical order

So modifiy the /etc/rcX.d you want (the 'X' represent runlevels). In
each directory there is files like SXXservice and KXXservice. The S
files represent startup files and the K files represent the kill files.

The XX number in those files represent the order in which those files
are started or killed.

Simply change the number higher or lower to move the service around in
startup or shutdown.

Hope this helps,

--
Lev Lafayette