Re: Live Audio to CD recording

Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:
* At this point I'm doing a "brec <audio card> | cdrecord -audio <cdrw>
-" (sort of). I think I can fit in "tee" to split of the audio to a
file. Is there any better way to perform these steps?
I would like to wait several minutes before actually starting to burn
the audio, making it more resistent against human mistakes (start
quickly followed by stop).

You can find the package buffer in the repos. Put the program buffer in
your command pipeline like this:

brec <audio card> | buffer | cdrecord -audio <cdrw> -

I used it for playing music on my old 180MHz machine to avoid dropouts
when there was heavy load from other programs.

Another option might be an increased buffer size for cdrecord.

Nils

  • Re: Real World Significant Sources of (what we usually call) Latency
    ... CPU is twice as fast, you can reduce your buffer size to half." ... the buffer adjustment for the driver or DAW program would go down to zero. ... nothing that can distract it from processing audio. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • c6713 audio project
    ... I've decided for a major project to design a digital audio effects ... buffers are used ... PING buffer first, then the PONG buffer. ... void initMcbsp; ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Latency in PC recording (AKA Lag)
    ... The minimum latency the ear can detect is 11ms, so providing the 'audio ... buffer before it is processed by the driver and then passed to the audio ... A handy feature which audio interfaces offer is direct monitoring. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Sound driver
    ... with the audio signal itself in these times. ... A timer drives a DMA which loads the D/AC. ... points the DMA at a *new* buffer and sets up the next transfer. ... hardware. ...
    (comp.realtime)
  • Re: custom audio renderer glitch
    ... are there any disadvantages dereived from CBaseRender? ... is copied immediately to the audio buffer and released. ... from the actual audio render position. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)