Re: Live Audio to CD recording

Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:
* At this point I'm doing a "brec <audio card> | cdrecord -audio <cdrw>
-" (sort of). I think I can fit in "tee" to split of the audio to a
file. Is there any better way to perform these steps?
I would like to wait several minutes before actually starting to burn
the audio, making it more resistent against human mistakes (start
quickly followed by stop).

You can find the package buffer in the repos. Put the program buffer in
your command pipeline like this:

brec <audio card> | buffer | cdrecord -audio <cdrw> -

I used it for playing music on my old 180MHz machine to avoid dropouts
when there was heavy load from other programs.

Another option might be an increased buffer size for cdrecord.

Nils